01. It makes me very happy to think that most of these kids (approximately 30,000 at the Melbourne Climate Change protest) will be voting within five years (pic above taken by my 16yo son. Pic below via Twitter).
02. Christchurch. No words, just heartbreak.
03. Gun control. What does it take?
03. Very excited to hear that Charlotte Wood has a new novel coming out in October (The Weekend).
06. This podcast about ‘critical reading’ and its importance for teenagers is fascinating.
07. And this podcast featuring adults reading things they wrote as children is hilarious (especially Kate Miller-Heidke [Australia’s Eurovision 2019 representative] reading from her teenage diary).
08. What I’m watching (and loving) – Flack (seems it’s getting canned by critics but they got the memo that it’s a comedy, right?) and The Cry (absolutely gripping, and based on the book by Helen Fitzgerald).
09. A ‘bone’ cloud (actually altocumulus).
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop by, say hi.