01. A cloud I wish I hadn’t seen – pyrocumulus. Bushfires have been burning out of control in many parts of Victoria – this cloud (pic taken by my friend, Sonali) is from the Bunyip fires that are burning 100km from Melbourne.
02. I have been to see lots of things over the past two weeks: Bananarama (so much fun, danced until our feet ached); Belinda Carlisle (sang our guts out); and a gin tasting night (run by the very lovely Caroline – she runs ace events).
03. I don’t know why (actually, I do) but this article made me cry.
04. Women’s Prize for Fiction 2019 longlist – lots in my TBR stack but haven’t actually read any!
05. MDWAP (which is the funniest podcast out there) is being made into a television show. I saw their live show a few years ago and it was brilliant. And a documentary series has been made about the case presented in the podcast that started it all for me, Serial (Foxtel broadcasting it Australia later this year).
06. And on podcasts, currently listening to The Dropout – astounding.
07. A deserted 1930s mansion becomes a canvas.
08. Breakfast sandwiches.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop by, say hi.