01. You know when the reading of one book prompts the reading of another? There was a passing reference to Florence Broadhurst in the book I just finished (Flesh Wounds by Richard Glover), which made me pull one of the most beautiful books I own off the shelf – Helen O’Neill’s biography, Florence Broadhurst: Her Secret & Extraordinary Lives.
02. Books-to-films for 2019: looking forward to The Goldfinch. Have The Aftermath, The Woman in the Window and Where’d You Go, Bernadette? all in my TBR stack (better read them before the movie is released…).
03. Top ten Australian gins for 2018 – a few to try on this list.
04. I know there are dozens of these sorts of photography articles but this one has some fun ideas.
05. This rendition of Cyndi Lauper’s Time After Time by Tituss Burgess.
06. Things on the tele-watching list: new seasons of Grace & Frankie and Friends From College.
07. I never liked Kondo because of her opinions on books. Others agree.
08. Blistering hot weather combined with jet-lag is making me quite cranky…
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop by, say hi.
2. Saw a bookish film this week, Collette, loved it.
3. I’m a peasant when it comes to guns. Big standard Gordon’s. We’ll have to do (a long) lunch and try a few of your top shelfers.
7. Imagine not being able to turn to the shelves for that half remembered para, just when you need it. Anyway they look better than bare walls.
8. Not so hot in here in Perth, you guys are hogging all the extremes.
3. I actually love Gordon’s (it’s zesty). I wold love to do a long bookish-and-gin lunch – we need a Melbourne bloggers plan!
7. I know. The horror.
Thanks for the gin list. Will be in Oz at end of this month so will look out for some of these…
There’s been an explosion of Aussie gins (my faves still Melbourne Gin Co. and McHenry).
Those temperatures would have me whimpering in a corner! Hoping you get some respite soon.
No respite and another burst of 40+ this week. Find me at the pool!
Friends From College looks very tempting. Hope it cools down and you’re over that jetlag soon.
Friends from College is funny (and light weight).
2. So many (hopefully) good ones coming this year.
5. So good!
7. Yes, the books is where she lost me.
The Kondo book thing really blew up this week, didn’t it? Do read Bernadette. It’s wonderful!
I feel like Kondo has been a bit misunderstood, at least by many people on twitter. I felt like I could follow her method and still keep as many books as I wanted, because that really is something that makes me happy 🙂
I haven’t watched her Netflix show (which I think why twitter has gone crazy) and perhaps her book message on the show implied you could keep your books but in the actual book about her method the message was pretty much books = clutter (and she ripped pages out of her books which I think is vandalism!). I will probably watch the show just to see what all the fuss is about but I certainly won’t be parting with any of my books 😀