2. Why do I need coffee table books about pools? Because I’m so completely over winter. Every week in Melbourne has brought about a new brand of cold this year. Yes, yes, I know some of you have actual snow but it’s all about what you get used to. And I’m bloody cold.
3. And then I saw this. File it under #ALLTHEJEALOUS
4. Two recipes that aren’t relevant to me at the moment (because: not summer) but that I’m filing away to bring out in December: Salted Watermelon Margarita Popsicles (I KNOW, RIGHT?!) and Marinated Zucchini Feta Salad with Fresh Corn and Toasted Pistachio Breadcrumbs (holy hell that looks good).
5. Aussies – did you watch Insight this week? Wow. Tough viewing. I really want to get my hands on Niklas Frank’s book, In the Shadow of the Reich (seems to be out of print and not available at my library…).
6. As soon as I see the word ‘trendy’ used to describe something, I know it will be anything but.
7. Provided my kids various lacrosse/ footy/ basketball teams don’t make finals, most of our weekend winter sports commitments finish up this week. Yay.
8. Must admit, when my son’s footy team lost last weekend (it was a ‘decider’), I turned to the parent standing next to me and said “That frees up much of August.” We may or may not have high-fived each other.
9. A TBR-stack calculator. Of course, it’s ridiculous because it says nothing about the length of the books but for curiosity value, it’s a fun 30-second time investment. Apparently my TBR stack will have me reading for the next four and half years…
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop over and say hi.