1. I’m back from Hawaii. It was ace. Don’t worry, I’ll bore you with a long show-offy holiday post soon.
2. The Baileys Prize shortlist has been announced. And the thing I love most is that London baker, Biscuiteers, iced the book covers. Brilliant.3. Not sure if I’ll read the entire Baileys shortlist (I don’t have the strength to go back-to-back with reading the Stella Prize shortlist). That said, How to be Both and The Paying Guests are most certainly in my reading future.
4. I haven’t allowed myself to fall into the lovely vortex that is NetGalley for weeks. What have I missed? What upcoming titles should I request?
5. This made me laugh (and I agree, why no cheese emoji?)
6. Related: I call them emoticons which makes my 9-year-old roll his eyes and say, “Mum, we don’t call them that anymore!”
7. Back to holidays, do you start thinking about your next holiday before the one you’re on is even over? I do…
8. Related: I really want to go here (Steph, do we ditch Hobart and go rural…?).
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop over and say hi.