1. I love a list but I’m a bit fed up with all of the book lists circulating Twitter at the moment. Can’t keep up with what’s hot, what to look out for, what was the best and who’s the next Franzen.
2. That said, if you must read a list, this list of 27 books to look forward to this year is good.
3. Except that they forgot to include Irving.
4. I’m in holiday-reading-mode. Not sure when I’ll get the chance to write reviews for the books I’ve read but the winners so far: Past the Shallows by Favel Parrett and Academy Street by Mary Costello. Both made me cry.
5. Currently reading Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healey. So, so good but tough reading if you know someone with dementia.
6. Holidays are when I catch up on the movies that everyone else has seen but I have missed (basically #ALLTHEMOVIES). The highlights this time? Spike Jonze’s Her and Jon Favreau’s Chef.
7. There’s a reference in Chef to an app called 1 Second Everyday. It grabbed me. I’m probably late to this particular party but I’ve downloaded the app and started compiling my one second films.
8. Lastly, look at this picture I took of an approaching storm. Sounds like I’ve got tickets on myself but isn’t it fantastic?
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop over and say hi.