I’ve made a to-do list. To give me strength to get through the next fortnight.
1. Read. In particular –
- The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion
- The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flannagan
- Thirst by Kerry Hudson
- All the Birds, Singing by Evie Wyld
2. Get up to date with ARCs that publishers have been kind enough to give me. Of course, this will involve reading. In particular –
- This Should Be Written in the Present Tense by Helle Helle
- The Hormone Factory by Saskia Goldschmidt
- Vanessa and Her Sister: A Novel by Priya Parmar
3. Much of this reading will be done here:
And as such I will execute the reading-swimming combination which is basically THE BEST DAY.
4. Movies. In particular –
- This is Where I Leave You
- Gone Girl
- Before I Go to Sleep
And yes, I read the books first.
5. A day here. To get things in order before summer really hits. Probably should do this before no.3….
6. Eleventy billion dinner dates with friends.
7. Watch a bunch of trashy tv shows. Mostly Made in Chelsea. This will be justified because I’ll do a year’s worth of ironing at the same time.
8. Make some meals for my family that involve more than three ingredients.
9. Start planning our trip to Hawaii. I love holiday planning (even as much as the trip itself).