It’s another speed edition of Bookish Thoughts (hosted by Christine) this week. Because: tired.
1. Went to the Robbie Williams Swings Both Ways concert last night. Robbie in a tux, singing swing numbers, with an Anything-Goes-art-deco-inspired stage. All that Robbieness… Tops.
2. I’ve decided not to write reviews for my re-reads. Slack.
3. I’ve abandoned two books in the last month. This is two more than I’ve abandoned in the last five years. Who am I?
4. Do you get to the start of a new season and think “What did I even wear last spring?”
5. So, Fitbits… They’re a little OCD-making, aren’t they?
6. I’m looking for the perfect bright-but-not-too-bright-coral-but-maybe-peach nail polish for summer. I know, tackling the big stuff here.
7. My husband’s in a holiday planning mood. Which I find is a very good mood for a husband to be in.
8. Bringing me Twitter joy this week was a long discussion (edited version below) about Lionel Richie’s Hello film clip. I’ve thought a lot about this clip over the years (because: weird) and it seems I have a kindred spirit in @wren154