1. My kids went back to school today. I love them but…
Hooray.I need to get some work done. I need to clean the tip that we call a house. I need to get organised for uni.
I need to take down the Christmas lights.
2. Twitter. I love it for its access to authors.
3. And just on that subject, it’s so, so lovely when authors acknowledge (and even better, like) my reviews – an unexpected by-product of blogging.
4. Am getting very excited about London. Check this out for some London-amazingness plus photography-project-amazingness.
5. My trip is starting to take shape. Restaurants are booked. Gin jaunts planned. Edgy designer digs in Berlin booked (Look! Hammocks!). Fifteen sleeps to go (better brush up the Deutsch).
6. Ordinarily I hate those annual lists of new ‘acceptable’ words. In fact, they drive me totes cray-cray (I just made myself sick writing that). But I did like this one. Because fun.
7. According to this article, a book of 500+ pages qualifies as ‘big’. I’ve just finished two ‘big’ novels and part-way into a third (The Goldfinch). I will need some 200-300 page fluff when I’m done.
8. Things I want versus things I need. The list is long but these cassette tape bookmarks are at the top this week.
Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous runs this show – join in with your own Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts.