It’s really not a Top Ten Tuesday without me bending the rules a little…
This week’s topic (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) is all about favourite covers of books that you’ve read. It’s an ace topic as I have been known to judge a book by its cover. Rather than look back on jacket art that I have loved (and read), I looked at my TBR stack and picked out ten books that I bought based on the cover. Yes, I’m that shallow.
2. The Autobiography of Us by Aria Beth Sloss – more Tigers-inspired cover work.
3. Skippy Dies by Paul Murray – kind of retro… but not.
5. The Love Song of Jonny Valentine by Teddy Wayne – oh look! Something shiny!
6. The Light of Day by Graham Swift – you need to feel this one – embossed leaves in autumnal colours – lush.
7. Flatscreen by Adam Wilson – looks just like lad-lit should look
8. And Sons by David Gilbert – a hint of Manhattan never fails to win me.
9. The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P by Adelle Waldman – appealing combination of old-fashioned and pop
10. Beautiful Fools by R. Clifton Spaigo – #Gatsbyfactor