01. My very dear friend gave me a very special birthday present – an ink and water colour of my family beach house at McCrae. A simple fibro shack, crammed full of happy memories. The house has long gone from my family, but McCrae remains my absolute favourite place to be.
02. Organising my programs for both the MIFF and Scandinavian Film Festival . My must-sees are Navalny (at MIFF) and Nordic by Nature (Scandi).
03. A new (to me) gin (with a perfect label). It’s crisp and delicious.
04. Deeply in love.
05. My birthday celebrations extended to lunch in Grossi’s new venture at the MCG. I went with committed fans of the teams playing (Essendon v Sydney), and it was really very relaxing to not have any skin in the game 🙂
06. More footy – not the result we wanted at Friday night’s game (Carlton vs St. Kilda) but going to the footy with my sons is the best.
07. Lastly, and most importantly, my eldest son has set off on his four month European trip and after stopovers in Bangkok and Zurich, he has just landed safely in Milan. The adventure truly begins.
What a wonderful present! Such a lovely & thoughtful gift.
That picture is lovely !
Such a pretty house. Hope your son enjoys Europe.
What a thoughtful,friend to give you a present with such personal,significance
A very thoughtful gift. And if it looks just the same now, I would think nice to know some other family is enjoying it. Although my mother can’t stand driving by our childhood home which was sold about 12 years ago and resents the 1890 plate they put up, so will go out of the way not to drive by.