01. My very dear friend gave me a very special birthday present – an ink and water colour of my family beach house at McCrae. A simple fibro shack, crammed full of happy memories. The house has long gone from my family, but McCrae remains my absolute favourite place to be.
03. A new (to me) gin (with a perfect label). It’s crisp and delicious.
04. Deeply in love.
05. My birthday celebrations extended to lunch in Grossi’s new venture at the MCG. I went with committed fans of the teams playing (Essendon v Sydney), and it was really very relaxing to not have any skin in the game 🙂
06. More footy – not the result we wanted at Friday night’s game (Carlton vs St. Kilda) but going to the footy with my sons is the best.
07. Lastly, and most importantly, my eldest son has set off on his four month European trip and after stopovers in Bangkok and Zurich, he has just landed safely in Milan. The adventure truly begins.