02. Had lunch at Hero (Karen Martini’s new digs) – the heroes (see what I did there?) were the asparagus salad with egg butter sauce, and the chicken liver parfait with beetroot jelly.
03. Two author talks this week –
- Trent Dalton in convo with Julia Baird, talking about Dalton’s new book, Love Stories, which has a gorgeous backstory.
- Kaz Cooke in convo with Cal Wilson, talking about Cooke’s new book about the advice given to women over the centuries, You’re Doing it Wrong. As Cooke said, “We might as well be bolshie because they’re [males] going to tell us we’re doing it wrong anyway.”
04. Two British Film Festival films this week –
- Sparkling: the Story of Champagne – doco focused mostly on the Champagne region but, being part of the BFF, a big plug for British sparkling wines.
- Lady Boss: The Jackie Collins Story – my friends know that I ‘…read good books and watch trash tv’ – but I grew up on a solid diet of Collins, Krantz, Conran and Cooper, and I learnt a lot from those women.
05. More platypus sightings (better video this time).
— candococonut (@kateinkew) November 9, 2021
06. Happy new yellow shoes.
07. I’ve started my list of lists for the best books of 2021.
08. Looking forward to the ABC’s Books That Made Us.
09. Hooray! Season 6 of Friday Night Dinner is on Stan. Am I the only person that screams with laughter watching this show?