01. I accept that this looks like a log in the water BUT IT’S A PLATYPUS! We watched it play in the riffle for half an hour.
02. One of my kids has had a really hard time during CoVID in terms of his studies (specifically, wasn’t able to do any work experience). This week, things are looking up – some work experience in the area he’s keen on, and a TAFE offer for next year.
03. Finally got to see my brother (he lives in regional Victoria). Last saw each other in February.
04. My uncle gathered all of my grandmother’s recipes and had them bound into a book for me. Her specialty was Neenish tarts – tiny, rich and delicious. Felt a rush of emotion when I saw her handwriting, and where she had attributed the recipes to others (‘Mother’, ‘Mabel’, ‘Joan’, ‘Doris’).
05. Author clock.
06. This Jane Austen puzzle.
07. This week’s author talk – Hannah Kent, discussing her new novel, Devotion. Kent said she wanted to avoid writing a story similar to the last two, so chose to write about friendship and love.
08. Watching: American Woman (on Stan) – the casting is excellent.