02. Is it too early for Christmas present hints? No? Good. This. My strength in the kitchen is not generally in baking but Pfeffernüsse, Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte and Zwetschgenkuchen speak to me.
03. I know this post about Violent Femmes and J. K. Rowling has been doing the rounds but if you haven’t already read it, do so (said as a Femmes fan).
04. Related: I basically have to set aside a few hours to read the whole of Ruth and Martin’s Album Club blog.
05. On Tuesday I made a list of the books that I planned to read before the end of the year. I forgot a few: The Good People by Hannah Kent; all of Jay McInerney’s Calloway series; and Girl On the Train (because I’m seeing the movie next week).
06. I love stuff about genetics – this story BLEW. MY. MIND.
07. And another good-news-science-story.
08. I’ve left dozens of comments on blogs over the last week or so and have only just realised that none of them have been posted. What’s going on WordPress? I know this has happened to others recently – how do I fix it?
09. These fashion-meets-books things are always fun.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop over and say hi.